What’s the best way to engage Millennials? Through a mobile incentive program!
Why? Millennials, the generation currently aged 23-32, also known as Generation Y, are the most tech-savvy group that’s ever entered the workforce.
Millennials make up 20% of the workforce and are notorious for being an enigma to Generation Xers and Baby Boomers.
Their preferred method of communication is via smartphone.
Their preferred language is textspeak.
What do Millennials want?
- Millennials simply don’t engage in the same ways that older generations do. Their lifestyles are different, and so are their expectations.
- Most Millennials are not looking 5 or 10 years into the future.
- Most have an entrepreneurial attitude and a tendency to leave workplaces that don’t engage with them properly.
- The biggest statistical driver of workplace satisfaction for Millennials is whether their bosses recognize and praise their accomplishments.
- Millennials expect that they can go on a smartphone or a tablet and find what they are looking for immediately.
- They’re used to things happening quickly or even instantaneously.
That’s why the way Millennials communicate today is vastly different than the way people have communicated in the past.
The bottom line is that Millennials expect mobile and in order to motivate them in the workplace, organizations will need to think mobile first with incentive programs!