Safety rewards programs are key for organizations that seek to promote proactive work behaviors and enhance safety in the workplace.
What are safety rewards programs?
Safety reward programs are incentive programs that drive employee performance and reinforce safety training. These programs are particularly important for:
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Construction companies
- Freight companies
- Promoting safety in the workplace helps to reduce insurance claims.
What will incorporating mobile technology mean for safety rewards programs?
Incorporating mobile technology into safety rewards programs would enhance communications geared toward reducing accidents in the workplace and improve the likelihood of meeting safety goals.
A mobile app will help to reinforce safe work practices by rewarding employees in real time and providing:
- Customized mobile award platforms,
- Instant communication, and
- Immediate access to updates on their program points, which are also redeemable through the app.
Reduce Workforce Absenteeism
In addition, the implementation of a mobile incentive app could help reduce workforce absenteeism. One suggestion is to institute an on-time incentive program which awards virtual points to individuals and teams, on their smartphones, keeping employees productive and motivated.
Reducing absenteeism may:
- Improve safety because an understaffed business can lead to a greater risk of on-the-job accidents.
- Promote productivity and morale.
Mobile incentive apps can help improve safety by communicating reminders and best practices to employees in real time right on the job.
They may soon be a key driving force behind improving safety in organizations that believe safer work environments are essential to long-term success.